Best Mixer Grinders In India 2019
India is the land of spices, chutneys and many other amazing delicacies that you cannot find in any other part of the world. In every household in India, you will find a variety of spices.
No meal in India is complete without chutneys and curry. Making these spices and chutneys is not possible without a mixer grinder. Mixer Grinders make things really easy for us. That’s why choosing the right Mixer Grinder for your kitchen is important.
In the era of the Internet, you can find anything and everything online. You might have tried finding the right Mixer Grinder for your Kitchen online, but most of the websites are either just promoting a certain product or are not that informative. That’s why we chose to make things easier for you.
In this post, we will be telling you about some of the Best Mixer Grinders in India 2019. We will provide you with honest reviews and tell you about everything that you need to take care of before choosing a mixer grinder for your family. So, without any further ado let’s get started!
What to look for In a Mixer Grinder In 2019
Before you decide to buy a mixer grinder for your family, you need to think about certain factors. These factors will decide which mixer grinder will suit your needs. Let’s have a look at what you should look for in a mixer grinder before deciding to purchase it.
Your Daily Requirements
You need to think about your daily requirements. Ask yourself certain questions like what is my family size? What are my needs? What am I going to use the mixer grinder for? Let’s learn the difference between A Mixer, A Grinder, and a Juicer before moving forward.
- Juicer: Let’s start our comparison with Juicer. A Juicer is usually used for squeezing the juices out of a fruit or vegetable. There are a variety of juicers available in the market, for example, Centrifugal Juicers, Masticating Juicers, Triturating Juicers, etc.
- Mixer: A mixer is used to mix various ingredients. It is used in Mixing, Folding and Beating of food ingredients. Just add all the ingredients to be mixed in a bowl and use the mixer to mix all the items. There are two types of mixers: Handheld Mixer, Stand Mixer.
- Grinder: Grinder is used to grind spices, vegetables, mixing raw and cooked meat, etc. It can be used in a wide range of cooking tasks.
A Mixer Grinder works as a Mixer as well as a Grinder. Most of the Mixer Grinder nowadays come with a Juicer too. So, look at your needs and daily requirements and choose the best appliance for your kitchen.
Power Wattage Required
The power of a mixer grinder usually ranges from 400 to 750 Watts. How much power you are going to need depends upon the type of things you are going to add in the mixer grinder. If you just want to grind spices, then you don’t need much power wattage.
Any Mixer Grinder with power wattage close to 400-500W should be enough for you. But if you are going to grind things like idly batter, or hard vegetables, then you should go for mixer grinders with 700W or higher power wattage.
A mixer grinder should have the following equipment to ensure the safety of the user.
- Safety Lock: Safety Lock prevents the material inside the jar from spilling out. You don’t want the ingredients to come out of the jar and spill everywhere in your kitchen. That’s why a safety lock is highly required.
- Vacuum Base: The motor of the mixer grinder rotates vigorously which leads to mixer grinder becoming unstable. If the mixer grinder is not held properly, the chances are that it might slip. A Vacuum Base at the bottom of the mixer grinder will prevent it from slipping.
- Overload Protection: The Overload Protection prevents the mixer grinder from overloading. Overloading can lead to the mixer grinder’s motor getting damaged. That’s why this feature is highly required in any mixer grinder. The Overload protection feature is just like the electric fuse of the bulb which breaks the circuit in case of overloading. It protects the mixer grinder from potential damages.
Rotating Speed of the Motor (RPM)
The rotating speed of the motor is measured in RPM (Rounds Per Minute). Usually, a mixer grinder motor rotates at the speed of 18,000 to 22,000 Rounds Per Minute. You don’t necessarily need a motor with a high RPM value.
If the motor rotates at high speed, the spices in the mixer grinder will not come into contact with the mixer jar; instead, they start to float inside the jar. That’s why we will suggest you to operate your mixer grinder at medium speed. Low to medium RPM is perfect for a Mixer Grinder.
Number of Jars
Usually, a juicer mixer grinder comes with 3 jars. One medium size jar used for chutney making, A small jar for grinding spices, and a large jar for juicing. Make sure that the product you buy has at least these three jars. Jars should be made up of food grade plastic.
Types of Blades
There are various types of blades that you can attach in your mixer grinder. These blades are:
- Chutney Grinding Blade: Used for making chutneys and masalas.
- Dry Grinding Blade: Used for grinding dry masalas.
- Wet Grinding Blade: It is used for wet grinding of tomato onion paste/vegetable or fruit puree.
Make sure that all the blades are made up of stainless steel; otherwise, there will be high chances of rusting and wearing out of blades.
This is the most important factor that you should take care of. A mixer grinder is an electrical product. All the electrical products tend to wear out after some time. You might also face some technical issue in the product. That’s why I will highly recommend you to buy a mixer grinder that has at least one year of warranty.
These are some of the key points that you should take care of before deciding to buy a mixer grinder. Also, I will highly recommend you to buy the products of known brands like Bajaj, Phillips, Panasonic, etc. These brands can be trusted, they are reliable, and have a good number of service centers in India. So, if you want the peace of your mind, then I will suggest you go with these brands.
Best 9 Mixer Grinders In India 2019
Now, it’s time to review some of the best Mixer Grinders 2019 in India. The reviews that we are providing here are unbiased and are written by the actual users of the product. So, without any further ado let’s look at the best mixer grinders in India.
1. Philips HL7756/00 750-Watt Mixer Grinder with 3 Jars (Black)
The first entry in our list of best mixer grinder in India is Philips HL7756/00 750-Watt Mixer Grinder with 3 Jars (Black). Philips is a well-known name in the world of home appliances. This mixer grinder by Philips is one of the best mixer grinders you can buy for your kitchen.
The design of the mixer grinder is amazing! Its black body and sleek curves make it really easy to clean. The best part about this mixer grinder that I liked is its vents that push the heat out and prevent it from overheating. It comes with 3 Stainless steel jars, one is 0.3L, the second one is 1L, and the third one is a 1.5L jar.
According to me, the small jar could have been made of at least 0.5L. All the jars have separate blades attached to them. The blades are fixed and could not be detached and this will cause some problems in washing the blades. Coming to the noise, this mixer grinder is a little noisy but also very powerful at the same time.
I am using this product from the last 6 months, and even after extensive use there is not even a single crack in any of the jars, handles, or lids.
- Great looks.
- Trusted and well-known brand.
- Overheating protection.
- Great build quality.
- Value for money.
- Fixed blades.
- Jars could have been bigger.
2. Panasonic MX-AC400 550-Watt Super Mixer Grinder with 4 Jars (Black)
Next in our list of best mixer grinders in India is Panasonic MX-AC400 550-Watt Super Mixer Grinder with 4 Jars (Black). This mixer grinder comes with some unique and important features. It has a dual safety mechanism which makes sure that the lid is placed on the jar before the motor is turned on.
This machine is pretty silent when it comes to motor noise. We tried making watermelon, apple, and pineapple juices and the juicer quality is amazing.
You don’t have to worry about spilling as the jars get fixed firmly inside the machine. You can leave this machine to run hands-free. The vibration in all the jars is almost non-existent except for the small chutney jar which you might need to hold.
On paper, the motor is of 550 Watts, but it works better than many 650-Watt motors if you ask me. We tried grinding turmeric in this machine.
Turmeric is considered one of the toughest ingredients in the kitchen, but to our surprise the results were amazing. When it comes to design, this product will not disappoint you at all.
- Hassle free functioning.
- Great design.
- Trusted and reliable brand.
- Value for money.
- Silent motor.
- The blades could have been made a little better.
- The chutney jar is a little unstable.
- Motor could have been made more powerful.
3. Bajaj Twister 750-Watt Mixer Grinder with 3 Jars (White)
Next in our list of best mixer grinder in India is Bajaj Twister 750-Watt Mixer Grinder with 3 Jars (White). When it comes to the popularity and brand-value of Bajaj, the name is enough!
Bajaj is producing home appliances since a very long time and is considered one of the best in India when it comes to electrical appliances. Coming to their mixer grinder, the Bajaj Twister 750-Watt Mixer Grinder with 3 Jars (White) is a powerful mixture grinder with all the essential features.
It comes with one 1.5L, one 1L, and one 0.3L stainless steel jars. It has a powerful 750W motor that can be used to grind and mix almost anything.
The jars come with a polycarbonate dome which adds a great look and at the same time makes the cleaning easy. The only problem with this product is the motor noise which is pretty loud.
The safety lock holds the jar lids firmly in their place which prevents the ingredients from spilling out. The handles could have been made much stronger and easier to hold.
- Good product at the given price range.
- Powerful 750W motor.
- Polycarbonate dome.
- Good design
- Very noisy.
- Build quality could have been better.
4. Philips HL1645 750-watt 3 Jar Vertical Mixer Grinder and Blender Jar with Fruit Filter
Next in our list comes the Philips Hl1645 750-watt 3 Jar Vertical Mixer Grinder and Blender Jar with Fruit Filter, Blue. This mixer grinder has got amazing looks and design. Don’t let its looks fool you. It comes with a powerful motor of 750W which is perfect for grinding all kinds of Indian spices.
The mixer grinder comes with three stainless steel jars (1.5L, 1.25L, and 0.4L). The blades and the jars are sturdy and the vibration at the time of operation is non-existent; thanks to the vacuum base at the bottom. When it comes to the motor noise, it is lower than most of the 750W mixer grinders, but it is still pretty loud.
A good thing about this mixer grinder is that the paste does not stick to the wall of jars which makes cleaning them pretty easy. There is also an auto shut-off feature which prevents from overloading.
The only problem that I found with this product was that the lids didn’t have a good locking mechanism. The lids are not properly designed, and you will have to depend on the rubber seal to keep the lid tight.
- Trusted brand.
- Vacuum base reduces the vibration and keeps the mixer grinder still.
- Powerful 750W motor.
- Easy-to-clean body.
- Poorly designed lids.
5. Sujata DynaMix DX 900-Watt Mixer Grinder with 3 Jars (White)
Sujata DynaMix DX 900-Watt Mixer Grinder with 3 Jars (White) is the next entry in our list of best mixer grinder in India. Sujata is again a very well-known name in the world of electric appliances. This mixer grinder by Sujata is an extremely powerful machine with a 900W motor.
This mixer grinder comes with three jars and can run for 90 minutes continuously. I really liked the stainless-steel blades that are just excellent in grinding any kind of spices, dosa batter, black pepper, etc. Even after having a 900W motor, the Sujata Dynamix mixer grinder offers a vibration free operation.
The jar lids come with safety lock that prevents the ingredients from spilling out. The material quality of the jars is excellent.
The problem with Sujata Dynamix is that you can’t operate it hands-free. You will always need to hold the jars firmly while operating.
- Powerful 900W motor
- Vibration free operation.
- Good build quality.
- Very costly when compared to other popular brands like Philips, Bajaj, and Panasonic.
- Very noisy due to the 900W motor.
- Can’t operate hands-free.
6. Preethi Zodiac MG 218 750-Watt Mixer Grinder with 5 Jars (Black/Light Grey)
If you are thinking of bringing a stylish and good-looking mixer grinder in your kitchen, then you can go with the Preethi Zodiac MG 218 750-Watt Mixer Grinder with 5 Jars (Black/Light Grey).
It has one of the most unique looking designs in comparison to other products that we have discussed until now. It comes with a 750-Watt motor that is powerful enough to grind any spices, vegetables, etc.
The build quality is great and durable. We found this mixer grinder a bit too noisy in comparison to other mixer grinders. It comes with a centrifugal juicer, Super extractor, Blender, and a master chef plus jar that can be used for atta kneading, chopping, pureeing, slicing, etc.
Everything works really well except the juicer whose performance was below par. We also found the dough maker tough to clean.
When it comes to price, you will need to shed a lot more money in comparison to the other mixer grinders we have seen till now.
But don’t forget that you will be getting a greater number of attachments and an amazingly great design with this mixer grinder.
- Extra attachments.
- Stylish and unique design.
- Powerful motor.
- Very costly.
- Not a well-known brand.
- Too noisy.
7. Philips HL7707/00 750-Watt Mixer Grinder with 4 Jars (Black)
Philips HL7707/00 750-Watt Mixer Grinder is another good looking and stylish mixer grinder in our list of best mixer grinders in India. It has got a 750W motor and comes with 4 extra jars (0.5L, 1L, 1.5L, and 2.4L) that can be used for various purposes.
This mixer grinder has got a glossy black body which will match with your kitchen slab. It comes with 2 blades, one for grating and the other one for slicing. Both the blades work really well and give the desired result.
The noise level is pretty high when compared to other 750W mixer grinders. The jars are made up of polycarbonate material which can crack easily so you will have to handle the jars with care. The overall build quality could have been made better.
The motor has the perfect RPM value that is needed for powerful processing. There is a vacuum base present in this mixer grinder which maintains the stability of the machine while grinding heavy ingredients.
There is no safety-lock in the jar lids, but the lids fit the jars perfectly and tightly, so you don’t have to worry about spilling.
- Powerful 750W motor.
- Comes with 4 extra jars.
- Great Design and Looks.
- Average build quality.
- High Noise Levels.
8. Preethi Blue Leaf Diamond 750-Watt Mixer Grinder with 3 Jars, Blue/White
After reading about some stylish and good looking mixer grinders, it’s time to look at a mixer grinder that gets the job done irrespective of its looks. The Preethi Blue Leaf Diamond 750-Watt Mixer Grinder with 3 Jars, Blue/White has got a powerful 750W motor. The motor noise in this mixer grinder is significantly lower than other 750W mixer grinders. The looks and design are also fine.
This mixer grinder comes with three extra stainless steel jars. The blades are also made up of stainless steel which is a plus point.
The company claims that the stainless steel is rust proof and durable, but The Preethi Blue Leaf Diamond 750-Watt Mixer Grinder disappointed us with its build quality. After using it for about 3-4 months, we started seeing some minute leaks from the jars.
On the other hand, the grinder is just amazing! It can grind all the various kinds of spices, dosa batter, etc. pretty easily. Overall, the Preethi Blue Leaf Diamond 750-Watt Mixer Grinder is totally value for money product.
- Lower noise in comparison to other 750W mixer grinders.
- Shockproof exterior plastic body.
- Overload prevention and heat-sensitive cutoff system.
- Easy to clean.
- Experienced leaking from the jars after 3-4 months of usage.
- Average looks.
9. Philips Viva Collection HL7701/00 750-Watt Mixer Grinder with 4 Jars (Elegant Lavender and White)
Last entry in our list of best mixer grinder in India is Preethi Blue Leaf Diamond 750-Watt Mixer Grinder with 3 Jars, Blue/White. It has got everything you need in a mixer grinder. The looks are decent, the 750W motor is powerful enough for your daily kitchen tasks, and the build quality is also up to the mark.
It comes with 4 stainless steel jars (0.5L, 1L, 1.5L, and 1.75L). The stainless steel quality is excellent. The plastic lid quality is also pretty decent.
We tried juicing some fruits are the result was amazing. There was little to no pulp, and a good amount of juice was extracted. The motor sound is as usual loud, but in this case, the sound was not hurting the ears and was smooth.
There was an overheating problem with the mixer. The mixer used to get heated up if it’s used more than 30 seconds continuously. I tried dry grinding some spices, and it took me two minutes to do that. After the grinding, I found the jars extremely hot.
- Powerful motor.
- Great juicer.
- Less sound in comparison to other 750W mixer grinders.
- Amazing build quality
- Overheating problems.
- Have to hold the jars while operating the machine (no hands-free)
How to take care of your Mixer Grinder?
All electronic appliances need regular maintenance to continue working at their optimum performance. A Mixer grinder is no different. The effectiveness of a mixer grinder highly depends on how well its user maintains it. So, let’s take a look at some of the dos, and the don’ts that will help you in maintaining your mixer grinder.
- Don’t overload the mixer grinder. Overloading will have a negative effect on the motor’s lifetime.
- Don’t operate the mixer grinder with a damaged cord.
- Never start operating the mixer grinder directly at the highest speed. Instead of it, gradually move from low to medium to high speed.
- Ensure that the lid is tightly closed before turning on the mixer grinder.
- Always rinse the mixer grinder thoroughly in water after using it. This will get rid of any odor that occurs after the use. Make sure that you remove the blades before you start cleaning.
- Don’t add extremely hot ingredients inside the mixer grinder. This will harm the product.
- Keep the mixer grinder out of the reach of children.
Buying a mixer grinder online requires a lot of research and careful decision-making. We hope that after reading this informative guide on buying best mixer grinder in India, you are now in a state of making a decision.
If you found this article helpful, then don’t forget to share it with your friends. Stay tuned for more such posts that will help you in choosing the best products. Thanks for reading. Goodbye!